|Your EQ is 167|
Thursday, August 31, 2006
Monday, August 28, 2006
Everyone has been so complimentary about how handsome Dexter is. I got asked "how" we know he's a boy, as apparently it's unusual for males to be tri-colored. Here's our "proof" -- we determined it from his anatomy!
Friday, August 25, 2006
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Charles has been sick the last four or five days, I've had a miserable headache all day, so I'm not very chatty. But I didn't want anyone to feel neglected.
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
2. Budgeting my money -- I'm getting better at it, but temptation is a powerful force -- I'd really love to have a savings account so when new tires surprise me it doesn't wreck my budget!
3. Going to church services on Sunday. We've come a long way in the last year in getting involved in our church, but we need to be more consistent about attending services.
4. Investing time in my friends. Stephen Covey talks about your emotional bank account, and how your interactions are either deposits or withdrawals. I need to deposit more with my friends.
5. Keeping up my blog -- I've been so busy this summer, and I do miss taking the time to journal about what's going on, and what I'm thinking.
6. Exercise -- tonite was the first time in TWO WEEKS we had been to the "Y" to do our strength workout. That needs to become a scheduled priority again.
7. Scrapbooking -- I have barely touched my stuff this year so far, definitely barely since May. Memories are slipping away and I need to make time for that. This is also some of my "me" time, so it's important for that reason too.
8. Better health -- since we started to go to the gym I've lost five pounds, and I'm proud of that. Since I've slacked off the last month or so, I've started to feel some of the blah symptoms again. I need to make my health a PRIORITY.
9. Visiting other bloggers -- I love when I get comments, and yet I've been terrible lately about leaving them for others. I know how good it feels, why can't I "deposit" more??!!
10. Kid time -- Connor always behaves better when Duncan isn't here. I am hoping getting him into soccer this fall, and spending some quality time with him will help him realize how special he is to us, and improve his overall behavior.
11. Christmas planning -- ACK -- it's like four months away. I am MAKING some gifts -- I need to get on this!
12. Visit my parents -- it's a really long story for another blog entry, no "drama", it just doesn't seem to ever be easy to plan time to get up there. We need to go more often.
13. Take more pictures -- as I looked through what I've taken so far this year, I see that I really need to get back to taking photos every day. Some months I took hardly any -- and my kids have grown SOOO much this year!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Unfortunately, I did something to my neck on Friday, and spent Saturday with a kink in it -- very uncomfortable. This morning I am up and working on Christmas gifts and trying to get motivated to do something. Connor is about to bust a gut for me to play toontown with him, so I guess I should go do that. More later!
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Then yesterday my Gatlinburg trip went up in smoke when the car suddenly demanded repairs -- it's not in the shape to drive without the repairs, and if I pay for the repairs no $$ to go to Gatlinburg. Needless to say I'm not in good humor today -- I'd planned that trip for eight months. However, I'm a hard nose about our budget, and if I don't keep us on it there will be hell to pay, so there's not much I can do.