Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Sunday, September 25, 2005
OK, Brianna had this on her blog, and said she expected us to do it as well. Here ya go lady!
1. What is your dream occupation? Working in theatre as a professional stage manager
2. What color is your underwear? It varies -- todays is a pink/purple floral
3. What are you listening to right now? Connor playing on the stairs behind me
4. What was the last thing you ate? A flavored tootsie roll
5. Do you wish on stars? yes
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Green
7. How is the weather right now? sunny, warm
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? my friend Penny
10. How old are you today? 40
11. Favorite drink? Diet Coke
12. Favorite sport to watch? figure skating
13. Have you ever dyed your hair? Only wash out color
14. Do you wear contacts or glasses? glasses
15. Pets? Fish
16. Favorite month? October
17. Favorite food? Steak
18. What was the last movie you watched? March of the Penguins
19. Favorite day of the year? Christmas
20. What do you do to vent anger? yell, kill electronic blips in video games
21. What was your favorite toy as a child? not sure
22. Fall or Spring? Fall
23. Hugs or kisses? hugs
24. Cherry or Blueberry? yuck, neither =)
28. Living arrangements ? Own my home, live with my husband & two children
29. When was the last time you cried? about two days ago
30. What is on the floor of your closet? lots of junk
31. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Missy -- been friends since college (1983)
32. What did you do last night? Read the cubscout handbook
33. Favorite smell? lately? eucalyptus/spearmint
34. What inspires you? people who can move me with their stories
35. What are you afraid of? snakes
36. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese
37. Favorite car? not sure
38. Favorite type of dog? mutts
39. Number of keys on your key ring? 4
40. How many years at your current job? 15
41. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
42. How many states have you lived in? 6 - Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, Michigan, Texas, North Carolina
43. How many cities have you lived in? 9 - Baltimore, MD, California, MD, Mechanicsville, MD, Lynchburg, VA, Concord, VA, Youngstown, OH, Plano, TX, Flint, MI, Winston-Salem, NC
Wednesday, September 21, 2005
Anyhoo.... hope this finds everyone well!
Tuesday, September 20, 2005
Connor continues to go to his MMO program and he's having a great time. I gotta run to work now, we're hiring another teammate and we have a candidate in today for interviews so I gotta get there.
Thursday, September 15, 2005
"every day, passion speaks to us through our feelings. that's why when you allow yourself to become anesthetized by what others think, you literally block yourself from living the life you were called to live. i promise you that if you make a choice that doesn't please your mate, your friends, your mother, or whoever, the world will not fall apart -- the people who truly love you want you to love yourself. and as you become clearer about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best for you -- the first time around." ~Oprah Winfrey
To me, this is what blogging is about, our passions, our thoughts -- and the freedom to express it. Some of the nonsense that prompted her to use this (getting blasted for NOT commenting on Katrina) made me glad I'm not a "popular" blogger. This is about ME. I'm thrilled if others get something from it, but it's about what I need to express.
I did update the photo blog today after taking a few days off. We are supposed to have our (mostly) weekly "date" with our friends at their church playground tomorrow for supper if Ophelia lets us. Friday brings our first cub scout meeting with Duncan -- I hope he likes the folks there and wants to join. Connor has been busy doing pages in the workbook Grandma sent him, and having a large time at "school".
Since I've been home sick for a few days, I've, well, been home. I'm worried about Charles -- he sure isn't doing much. I know alot of it he blames on me -- *I* make him sad. Oh, well. I wish I could use that excuse at work and still get paid, KWIM??? I've still got very sore ribcage muscles from vomiting earlier in the week, so I haven't been doing much physical even as I've started to feel better. Our friend Roger came over tonite for the first time in weeks and shared our spaghetti supper with us. It was nice to see him, but I worry about him too -- he's unemployed (again) and very negative at the moment. Don't get me wrong -- he's entitled to be negative, but I worry that it will impede him getting another job.
Anyways, it's way too late, let me try to sleep again.
Saturday, September 10, 2005
I'm doing some scrapbooking today -- my favorite online site, Scrap Addict, is having an anniversary cyber crop. There are some pretty amazing prizes, so I'll be cropping today, as well as playing bingo.
I am so enjoying the fall weather -- the crisp, cool mornings are so nice to sleep in during! It still gets humid and warm in the late afternoons, but otherwise I consider this almost perfect weather!
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Connor has started a "mother's morning out" program 4 days a week to get him over the potty training hump (and hopefully into "real" preschool in October). He has come home happy and tired both days. Charles hasn't gotten a huge amount done around the house, but I'm trying not to be judgemental til he's on this schedule a week or so. Duncan has started homework again -- yesterday he had to write a "movie plot" using his spelling words! His teacher tells me it will only get tougher as the year goes on. He has 3rd grade "pre-testing" next week; they test at the beginning of a year to establish a benchmark for the end-of-grade testing in May.
I'm having fun with some photo challenges over at Scrap Addict; you see the results in my photo blog from the Photo-A-Day one, and now we are doing a scavenger hunt one as well. I really need to work on the lighting on my inside photos, sheesh!
Sunday, September 04, 2005
We had company Friday -- my friend Stacy is out east visiting family, and came to see us with her friend Laura. The "girls" went out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, then off to the mall to help Laura spend a gift card at Hecht's. Stacy brought her dog Thunder -- the kids really enjoyed his visit.
Saturday I headed out for a round of secret shopping ( a fast food one) then Charles & I put the kids at Kid Spot so we could run some errands. We found gas again for $2.99, and topped off the tank. We hit Target and got a deal -- both kids needed backpacks. I guess I didn't realize how much Connor was ready for some of the "trappings" of big-boy-ness. When I tried his backpack on him, he sighed, got a serious face, and announced "I need some homework!" He carried the backpack everywhere with him the rest of the evening, including to bed. He had filled it with toys and books -- he took a book out of it for me to read to him at bedtime, and then told me he had to put it away in his backpack!
I also went shopping for a new accordian file to put Duncan's school paperwork in this year -- didn't find what I wanted, so I'll empty and old one and reuse. I can already see from his homework so far that's he's digressed in his handwriting -- this will be the first year he hasn't had OT at school so hopefully practice will get him going again!
We still haven't gotten Connor enrolled in a "real" preschool, (due to the potty issues), but I think we have something figured out for September that is a transitional thing. He'll start four days a week on Tuesday.