Monday, October 08, 2007

Catch Up

Wow, busy few days for us! Wednesday I went on Duncan's field trip to the Dixie Classic Fair. I think he really enjoyed that I went along. I did something I never do... I paid to let a guy guess my weight, with the caveat to please not announce it over the microphone. Imagine my delight when he guessed under by 45 lbs!! Duncan won a stuffed frog for my efforts. We walked for four hours so I got my exercise in that day! I'll post some of the pictures from that on my photo blog.


Thursday Charles took Connor to soccer practice while I packed for our camping trip to Hanging Rock State Park. It was the fall camping trip for scouts. We left right after work and headed up to Danbury on Friday. Friday night we cooked our own food, a delicious meal of steaks, corn-on-the-cob, and skewers of yellow squash, zucchini, and onions. YUM. Unfortunately we had two injuries Friday night. Mine wasn't as bad -- there were seat sized logs all around, but I kept slamming into one in the dark with my left shin. I have a baseball sized bruise and lump on my left shin. The guys finally avenged me and burned that particular log in the fire. Duncan got interested in a bug that everyone was looking at and reached over and grabbed the glass of a coleman lantern, and has a lovely 2nd degree burn/blister on the palm of his right hand. Say OUCH with me! Despite his boo boo, he and Connor both had a great time. They went on a three mile hike Saturday morning. The webelos 2 scouts cooked breakfast for us Saturday morning (fruit salad, pancakes and sausage) as part of working on their outdoorsman badge. Saturday night the Webelos did skits and songs for us by the campfire. Sunday morning our little group had bacon, eggs and toast for breakfast cooked over the fire. YUM. Then it was time to head home.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

OUCH!!!!!!!! OMG that looks so painful. Injuries aside, it sounds like a nice family scout weekend.