Friday, August 16, 2013

Late Week Cooking Update

After the chicken casserole fiasco, I lost my footing a bit.  We ate out (planned) on Wednesday.  Thursday I went grocery shopping; $200 later I came home with more spices and lots of yummy ingredients for new recipes.  We ordered pizza, but I did try to make a Crock Pot Chex Mix.    We were not impressed.  It was soggy, plus somehow, we managed to burn it.  Another one bites the dust.

Tonite, I redeemed myself with my mother's Shrimp Creole.  I haven't had this in years!  Mom used a product called "Hunt's Tomato Sauce Special" which they don't make anymore, so I had to consult with her on a replacement.  Everyone ate TWO helpings.  My husband normally doesn't like spicy stuff, so I was tickled pink, plus this is a fast easy recipe.  SCORE!

No comments: