Monday, August 26, 2013

Sunday Ramblings

I lost my oomph today, just wasn't feeling cooking.  I did start a pot of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup before I went to bed, using a recipe mix for it.  Connor and I ate it for brunch this morning.  Again, as in our week's theme, it was... OK.  Flavors were right, but the chicken breast was super super dry, it didn't look appetizing, and there was no real presence of the vegetables.  I sliced them thinly as the directions indicated, but I think it would have been better a little thicker.  I honestly think the whole thing cooked too long, although I followed the directions.  I won't repeat this particular recipe starter, but I will look for a different recipe to try.

We ended up eating out, I just didn't feel like cooking.  I need to make the broccoli casserole again soon before the broccoli wilts, and I am craving a hearty potato side dish.   When Connor and I were out on Saturday finishing up back to school shopping at Wally World, I picked up some Tilapia & Salmon as Charles has been craving fish.  Not sure still what we'll have tomorrow, but I don't lack ingredients, just a direction.

Anyone else get stuck?

No comments: