Thursday, September 15, 2005

Quotes from Oprah, and Apologies

I got the stomach flu this week, and have been kinda out for the count, or at least severely limited. Sorry! I want to share a lovely quote I found on another blog:

"every day, passion speaks to us through our feelings. that's why when you allow yourself to become anesthetized by what others think, you literally block yourself from living the life you were called to live. i promise you that if you make a choice that doesn't please your mate, your friends, your mother, or whoever, the world will not fall apart -- the people who truly love you want you to love yourself. and as you become clearer about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best for you -- the first time around." ~Oprah Winfrey


To me, this is what blogging is about, our passions, our thoughts -- and the freedom to express it. Some of the nonsense that prompted her to use this (getting blasted for NOT commenting on Katrina) made me glad I'm not a "popular" blogger. This is about ME. I'm thrilled if others get something from it, but it's about what I need to express.

I did update the photo blog today after taking a few days off. We are supposed to have our (mostly) weekly "date" with our friends at their church playground tomorrow for supper if Ophelia lets us. Friday brings our first cub scout meeting with Duncan -- I hope he likes the folks there and wants to join. Connor has been busy doing pages in the workbook Grandma sent him, and having a large time at "school".

Since I've been home sick for a few days, I've, well, been home. I'm worried about Charles -- he sure isn't doing much. I know alot of it he blames on me -- *I* make him sad. Oh, well. I wish I could use that excuse at work and still get paid, KWIM??? I've still got very sore ribcage muscles from vomiting earlier in the week, so I haven't been doing much physical even as I've started to feel better. Our friend Roger came over tonite for the first time in weeks and shared our spaghetti supper with us. It was nice to see him, but I worry about him too -- he's unemployed (again) and very negative at the moment. Don't get me wrong -- he's entitled to be negative, but I worry that it will impede him getting another job.

Anyways, it's way too late, let me try to sleep again.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Great Oprah quote!

Unknown said...

What a great quote to use. I hope your feeling better soon Carolyn! Thanks for continuing to visit my blog, means a lot to me. :D

Robin said...

Hey Carolyn, sorry you've been feeling under the weather lately, but hopefully you will be back to full speed soon. I hope that Duncan likes the Cub Scouts. Patrick wants to join, but he is not old enough yet. He says that that is okay he will just stay a girl scout a year longer. LMAO Anyways, you had asked about Alex and he is my nephew and will be a year old next month. Have a great weekend.

Briana said...

I don't really get the whole Charles issue but I'm sad you've been sick this week. I like that quote too!!