Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Group Therapy

That's kind of what blogs are to me... group therapy. Sometimes you don't
have anything to say, you just want to listen. Hearing others have your
same issues makes you feel OK, n-o-r-m-a-l. Sometimes seeing someone
have an epiphany about how to solve an issue sets off the light bulb in
YOUR head. And then there are days where you hog the floor and talk
talk talk. If you are lucky, what you says moves someone else in a
positive direction, and they actually let you know that.

My husband rants at me sometimes about how "you care about people you've
never met more than me". While that may technically be true, I've never
been face-to-face with most of you, I sure feel like I know you! And
he's wrong, I don't care less about him. But this piece of technology
allows me to be at home with my family, be in a city where my skills earn a
decent living, and not be deprived of people I connect with who live
elsewhere. I don't have to arrange my schedule to go to an inconvenient
therapy session -- I post when I have something to say, I read when I need
to listen. So there! :P

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I agree, blogs are kind-of like group therapy :) And I'm glad we're in "group therapy" together. lol A little while after reading your entry, I saw this quote by Anne Frank that I thought related fairly well..."We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same."

Briana said...

Well said! I feel like that sometimes like, I've never meet these people - so why do I care! But I do care! It's fun too!