Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I may have to rethink daily entries -- weekly is sounding much more feasible, at least today. I am busy jotting down notes for Duncan's appt with Dr. Hoover tomorrow -- since we went back on the Ritalin LA, he's having lots of "accidents" with his toileting. It was Charles who noticed we didn't have that problem on focalin. Hmmm, that's the #1 issue for the pyschiatrist. He's also still talking incessantly, and about topics that have nothing to do with the task at hand. On the plus side, his anxiety is down quite a bit, and his fine motor skills are showing noticeable improvement (they had deteriorated on the focalin).

We had a hot weekend -- the air conditioning stopped working last week. We called the repair folks, and they came out yesterday. I was relieved when they knew immediately what the problem was -- the capacitor cylinder was shot, and it was in dire need of a new filter (the old one was black). I'm now $205 poorer, but the house is much more comfortable.

On the outside of our house, my quest for a better lawn continues. It's been a little over 2 weeks since we put the Scot's Turf Builder on the front yard -- the grass is growing more, but I'm not sure if the weeds paid any attention. My day lilies are about to bloom -- here's what they looked like about 2 weeks ago: Image hosted by Photobucket.com. Dad sent them home with me last year, so I was proud of getting them to grow in MY garden. The neighbors planted some flowering bushes on the strip between our driveways, so those should be pretty this summer too.

OK, I've babbled enough for today -- see you later in the week!

No comments: